Cryogenic Automation / Electrical Controls Systems
CTR Inc. has an industry leading UL compliant automation department that designs and implements controls for a wide range of applications within the cryogenics industry. This includes cryogenic pump controls (manual and automatic un-attended), manual and automatic fill stations, and customized high-pressure cylinder filling plants. Examples include our standard start/stop panels, the popular “Sentinel” control panel, and our fully auto un-attended panels. Depending on your needs, any of these panels can be built with a wide range of pump protection capabilities and automatic function, as well as powerful self-diagnostics. All of our panels are highly customizable, and we are always happy to integrate additional non-standard protections and modes of operation.
Our staff includes experienced Electrical Engineers and Electricians and our customer service is second to none.
- Sentinel – designed to control cryogenic pumps and features automatic pump cool down, pump cavitation detection and timed pump shut down to extend the life cycle of your high-pressure pump
- Auto Un–Attended – our auto un-attended pump controls feature even more pump protections than the Sentinel as standard, as well as an unparallel level of customization and control over the cool down and pumping process. The system will observe a low pressure start and high pressure stop, and will automatically cool down and run the pump in order to keep the pressure between the two setpoints. This system is configurable to control either a single or dual pump application. It features a touch screen HMI with an interactive P&ID for control and monitoring, as well as setpoint setup and fault diagnostics.
- VFD – We can add a Variable Frequency Drive to any new or existing CTR built cryogenic pump control panel to allow process expansion. One example is our VFD panel used in cylinder fill plants that monitor and control the cryogenic pump motor speed to fill partial or full cylinder racks of different size cylinders with the same pump.
- NEMA 4 – explosion proof controls are available for flammable products
- Vaporizer – automatic control to switch from one vaporizer to the next vaporizer
- Vacuum pump – start/stop controls
- Automatic control unit for switching between vaporizers
- Medical gas purge alarm
- Local alarm unit for medical oxygen applications
- Argon-A-Mizer – electronic panels control to reduce liquid loss during filling liquid cylinders
- Liquid cylinder filling systems that are electronically controlled with digital scales to automatically start/stop liquid filling